Over the last month we have been simplifying our identity and branding. We started with shortening our company name to Start Traffic Ltd which removed any ambiguity from our primary business model.
Now, we are making some further improvements as part of our future ecommerce strategy from today.
Our website address has changed from starttraffic.co.uk to starttraffic.uk (All contact Email addresses are also correspondingly updated. e.g. email@example.com)
- Standards and Authority – The .uk domain is set to become the de facto standard for UK websites (e.g. gov.uk) to fall in line with other country code domains. The vast majority of countries have a direct top level also (ccTLD), which means that users outside the UK are naturally inclined to type website.uk because they’re used to typing .de or .fr or .ca. The only way to survive in the web industry is to keep evolving and moving to .uk helps reflect this as it is now the third most popular country code top level domains with over 11 million .uk domains now registered.
- Short and Sweet – It may only be three characters different, but it quickly adds up if you’re a mobile user visiting multiple times a day. Fewer characters mean less chance of typos.
A New Website – Next generation design with a familiar feel, faster and mobile friendly. Our new store is built from the ground up in alignment with our American sister company starttraffic.com
- Our new website is designed to be mobile web responsive (smartphone friendly) enabling us to better support our vast majority of customers on the move.
- A change is as good as a rest – Improving our function and design gives us chance to re-think the way we support our customers and products with many new features coming in the near future. You’ll hear more about this soon.
Site Wide Security – (EV SSL)
- Extra security for our customers and protecting privacy – Although we have always encrypted and securely handled your personal data through our site, we have decided to go one step further and implement encryption throughout the entire browsing experience from the moment you visit us.
That’s it for now, we hope you’ll look forward to using our new site and services. If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact me personally on 01905 384 666.
– Danny Start